The Joint Law Societies Brussels Office hosted a roundtable event on Brexit: Supporting Professions.
Brexit will potentially have an impact on the ability of professionals to establish themselves and practise in and around the European Union. There are many questions regarding and dimensions to the right to practise as a qualified professional within the EU, from the recognition and acceptance of professional qualifications to the right of equal treatment.
The workshop provided an opportunity to learn more about the Law Societies and the ICAEW on their proposed engagement with members and stakeholders regarding the issues arising out of the upcoming negotiations and to hear from the audience about their concerns.
- Clive Black, Head of Relationship Management (City), Law Society of England and Wales
- Iana Vidal, Executive Adviser, Public Affairs, Law Society of England and Wales
- Marina Sinclair-Chin, Head of International, Law Society of Scotland
- Martin Manuzi, Director, Europe Region, ICAEW
- Mickaël Laurans, Head of Law Societies Brussels Office