On Tuesday 10th November, the City of London Corporation and The Law Societies’ Joint Brussels office warmly invites you to join a webinar on Securing your access to justice post-2020. The expiry of the transitional period brings to a close the right for UK parties in EU cross-border trade to rely on existing EU instruments – what follows remains to be seen.
Our panel of legal experts will outline the possible scenarios and the implications for financial services. This discussion will be an opportunity to hear why accession to the Lugano Convention is the best means by which to ensure access to justice for businesses and consumers, but also the national rules which will apply in the event the EU does not approve the UK’s Lugano application.
The questions to be dealt with in this webinar are:
- How does enforcement of judgments support business activities?
- How are the EU and UK currently seeking to tackle this issue, against the backdrop of ongoing negotiations?
- Does no FTA mean Lugano is dead-in-the-water?
- What are the preparations which businesses should be taking for the event that national rules rather than Lugano will apply?
- What does the Withdrawal Agreement mean for those legal disputes which are ongoing at the end of the year?
We are delighted to have joining us on the panel:
- Sarah Garvey, Counsel, Allen & Overy
- Dr Peter M Werner, Senior Counsel, International Swaps & Derivatives Association
- Catherine McGuiness, Chair of the Policy & Resources Committee, City of London Corporation
The webinar will be held from 13 00 – 14 15 CET / 12 00 - 13 15 UK time on Tuesday 10th November. We very much hope you are able to join. Please register here, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us