Wednesday 30th September 13 00 - 14 30 (CEST), webinar
Following the UK withdrawal from the EU, the UK’s transitional period comes to an end on the 31 December 2020. This will have an impact on how businesses transfer data to and from the EU. Join the UK Law Societies Brussels Office for a discussion on how data flows can best be facilitated, both in the event that an adequacy decision is approved, and in the event it is not.
- Peter Wright, Managing Partner, DigitalLaw
- Anna Drozd, Policy adviser, UK Law Societies’ Brussels Office
- Anna Buchta, Head of Unit “Policy & Consultation”, European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- Rhys Harry, Head of USA, Investment & Ecommerce, Legal Services Trade Policy Division Ministry of Justice
- Charlie Smoothy, Senior Adviser, International & Security Preparedness at Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
The webinar aims to flag up and clarify key issues of concern with regard to data protection and cross-border data transfers between the EU and UK after the transition period. It will also be an opportunity to get the most up to date advice on the next steps necessary to prepare for the end of the transition period.
We hope you are able to join us for this timely discussion. Please register your attendance until 4 PM CET on 29 September, with dial in details to follow, and do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions.